Friday, September 30, 2016

Dining Reservaion Plans

So, I was really unsure if this trip would happen. As we were driving to Maine for Easter (and Rebekah was asleep in the back) I tossed out the trip idea to Hubby, and to my overwhelming SHOCK and excitement he agreed to it! So on 30 April I booked our room, and once packaged were released (21 June) I switched the room only to a package!

Rebekah has pretty firm ideas on where she wants to eat. This being her 3rd time, I kind of like this routine she has decided on.
Arrival night supper at Akershus. I think this is just an awesome way to start. Great princess interaction, great food, at our fave part!




First morning breakfast at Chef Mickey's. This also has the great characters but also the plus of a ride on the monorail right away!




On our AK morning we get the first ADR slot at Tusker House. LOVE the selection there and love getting on the safari first thing.




Last evening supper at Liberty Tree Tavern. A great transition back home with some down home cooking.
Lastly, in the middle, Rebekah loves Teppan Edo.



That TOTALLY does not leave much room for anything else, but I have a few new ones added this trip.

SO, here is how it broke down:
7 Jan – wanted Akershus at 5:00pm, got 5:30pm
8 Jan – wanted Chef Mickey at 10:30am, got it
9 Jan – wanted first Tusker House, got 8:00am
10 Jan – wanted Afternoon Tea @ GF at noon, got it
wanted Whispering Canyon at 5:00pm, got it
11 Jan – wanted Raglan Road at 5:00pm, got it
12 Jan – wanted Teppen Edo at 5:00pm, got 5:00
13 Jan – wanted Liberty Tree late lunch, got 2:00

I know, nothing really earth shattering, and it being in January I fully expected to get what I wanted.

So for the new...I thought that the Afternoon Tea on a Mom and Daughter only trio would be just awesome, I am so excited for this one! I keep hearing the praised sung about Raglan Road, lets try it! Gets us to DS! I really want to go to Sanaa, but I think that is to be saved for when Hubby comes again, he will really enjoy that! I also changed out usual Liberty Tree SUPPER to a Lunch. I want to try the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

So, once they were done, I of course had to tweek just a LITTLE bit...
I read SO much good about Garden Grill, and Rebekah is on a Biscuits and Gravy kick, so...
12 Jan now looks like:
8:05 Garden Grill and
6:10 Teppen Edo (I moved this a bit later s we were not in a food coma from breakfast still!)

In the past we have tried: Biergarten (too much meat for me), Marrakesh (cute, ok food), Boma (good, not got Daughter, though), O'Hana (not impressed with the slow service), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast, ok selection, atmosphere seemed dated and needing an update), The Plaza (over priced, slow service), BOG (did it, would go back for lunch).

So, there they are! I hope I don't tweek much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment