Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The When and Why and The Where and Why

The When and Why and The Where and Why

[​IMG]

Our last 3 trips have been in January. I consider us “January Goers”, and January to be our month.
I even run a Facebook Group for WDW January Travelers.
January is mine.

[​IMG]

Being from New Hampshire, I need it to be cool. As much as I love Disney, you could NEVER get me there between April and September, too HOT!!

Also, historically, January had low crowds, and I really cannot stand too many people!

[​IMG]
(so cold in 2017 we New Englanders were wearing mittens!)

So, this trip...24 November – 2 December.

Yup, not January.

Why, you ask?

Well, this trip was a gift to us from my dad for Christmas this last year. January 2018 was WAY too soon and we wanted to take this Christmas gift trip BEFORE next Christmas!
So I did a little of research to find the best time where it is cooler and low crowds.

So week after Thanksgiving is it!

[​IMG]

I am excited for the holiday stuff to be in full swing and not just winding down. We cannot wait to see the gingerbread houses and the Candlelight Processional.

We will be taking our daughter out of school. We completely believe that you can make up school time, but you cannot make up family time! She will be just starting middle school, so I am interested to see how she will do with week off of school now.

[​IMG]
(homework poolside!)

So, where will we stay?

POP.

Always POP.

[​IMG]

We love it there. We do the parks all day and just use the room to sleep.
We love the Standard Lake Facing rooms. So quiet, nice view, close to the pool, dining and transportation.

[​IMG]
(2016 - room 5118 view from our door)
[​IMG]
(2017 - room 5335 view from our door)

We have only stayed at Value resorts. I would rather spend money on more days at this point. Maybe when we are all older we will move up to a Mod or rent DVC points (or join!). I would love to stay at Beach Club, not for the theming, but the location to EPCOT (which we usually do 3 day at).
Rebekah also has mentioned a few times that she would love to stay at the Grand Floridian (of course..) and I would love to stay at a Theme Park View room in the Contemporary.

[​IMG]
So, I think that is it for When and Where!

Next up:

Dining!!​

No comments:

Post a Comment