Monday, January 18, 2016

The time has come!! Day 1!

Departure day has arrived!
I was wide awake at 2:00am but made myself stay in bed until 2:30. Everyone else followed suit, washed, dressed (including MagicBands on!), kind of quickly fed and then out door at 3:20. My great friend drove us to the airport, so we did not have to pay the about $90 for parking!

Check-in and security went smoothly, nice and early in the morning helps!
On the plane, it was snowing/raining out so we had to de-ice. Off for take off. I will admit, for some reason I did have mild panic attack at take off, not really sure why and I was able to breath through it.
So, we land in Atlanta LATE, have to RUN to our next flight and just make it as they begin boarding!
Pretty much the theme for the flights, turbulence. It was bumpy on both flights, the second worse than the first!

 
Departure portrait!
Magic Bands on!
Sunrise up in the sky!

Family selfie!

Land in Orlando at 11:20 and turn my phone on and got my “Room is Ready” text, and we got a room 3 down from what we requested! Awesomeness! So we head to the Magic Express waiting area. They REALLY need better air conditioning here, I remember last trip it was hot in there and this time was NO different!

SO...Magic Express to POP (via Art of Animation) and we went right to our room! It was very odd not going to check-in and it made me concerned the first time we used our bands for the dining plan, but except for a moment of trying to remember my pin, it was no problem at all!

Magic Express bus!

 
At POP!

So the view from our room is awesome, and it I SO quiet and pretty, PERFECT!

View from our room!

We unpacked our carry-ons (luggage not here yet, of course), and went to the food court to eat. With the lack of layover in Atlanta and the early morning departure, we had not really eaten anything. We we HUNGRY, so we headed to the POP food court! I got the Turkey Sandwich (Fresh Roasted Breast of Turkey, fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Roasted Sweet Bell Peppers, Basil Aioli, and Lettuce tossed with Cobb Dressing on toasted Foccacia Bread ), John got the Johnny Appleseed (Pulled Pork, Tangy Slaw Salad, Grilled Granny Smith Apples, Apple Butter, Cheddar Cheese ) and Rebekah got the kids Mac-N-Cheese.

 My turkey sandwich

 Rebekah's Mac-n-Cheese

My pasta salad side

John's Johnny Apple Seed Sandwich

FINALLY park time! We head over to EPCOT!
At bag check, John is “randomly” chosen to go through the metal detector. Just 1 unit set up under a tent, no big deal.

 
Security Check

First ride, OF COURSE, is Spaceship Earth!

 

Then we go shopping for a bit and get ears are awesome ears!

 
 

And it I time for our first FastPass, Spaceship Earth, again! 

 

We have some time to wander a bit so we head over to the Character Spot and we go in to meet Baymax! He was very cool and puffy!

 

Then we hop on the Land. I always forget the first part before you get into the greenhouses.
Time for supper! So we head over to Norway for Akershus! We were seated at the same table as last trip, which is OK, but It is in a corner by the Character door and kitchen, hoe next time we will be in the main room. That aside, food was great, the princesses were cute and this time it was Aurora who was awesome.





My Meatballs

John's chicken

 
 


It had started to rain when we were eating so as we were heading out we jumped in every building we could, with a stop in Mexico to ride the boat ride there...I do wonder what Mexicans think of that ride.
It was raining even harder when we go out so we head back to the room avoiding the rain and puddles as much as possible...we at least John and I did!

Steps walked: 16,176 (7.86 miles)



























No comments:

Post a Comment